Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Castles in Germany

Amy, these are the pictures I have that Sally sent me of the castles in Germany. Sorry they aren't close ups or of the inside.

I researched them a little so I will put a bit of information with each picture.

The only date for any of these is the print date on the back. It is Nov. '86.




Castle Ruin in Wilhelmsbad Castle Park, Hanau, Germany



This is just a castle on the Rhine River in Germany.



This is either Godesburg Castle or Schloss Stolzenfels



Heidelberg Castle--Heidelberg, Germany
This castle was built sometime before 1214 AD
It was destroyed in 1622, then rebuilt by Karl Ludwig
It was destroyed for the 2nd and final time in 1693.




Ronneberg Castle--Ronneberg, Germany


Wish I had more to show you.
I hope you remember some of them!

And so ends that little trip down memory lane!! :)

3 comments:

  1. They're beautiful! One day when my kids are big I'll travel around to different countries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Judy. I remember two of them. We used to walk to Wilhelmsbad. It was just up the road from the apartment we lived in when we first moved there. There was another castle we could walk to also. Schloss Phillipsruhe castle. And I remember Heidelberg. I think we saw the lighting twice.

    Thank you, Judy for sharing. I'm gonna have to see if my mom will bring her pictures over here one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Barbara. I always wanted to go to Germany and Ireland. So, it's nice to have a few pictures of one of them anyway.

    Amy, I'm glad you remembered some of them. I know these pictures aren't going to look as good as the ones in the book will, but....heck....you were actually there!

    I'm glad you both enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete