Friday, February 13, 2009

Tragedy in New York

Wow, I woke up to the news telling about a plane crash in a "suburb" of Buffalo, NY.
Absolutely freaked me out, I have family living in the general area.
So, of course, I made a phone call and when she anwered all I could say was "thank you". Or maybe it was "oh, God". I really don't remember, all I know is the relief was tremendous. And of course, I blubbered a little. :)
I hate to hear about anything like this, it just saddens me that people have to go through this. I am truly impressed that a young girl was able to get herself to safety. A lot of times people just freeze up when something so unexpected and terrifying happens, she just crawled out the hole that opened up for her and found her mom safe too. Thank god for that.
My heart goes out to everyone mourning a lost one, and to all those who lost their lives, I feel sure they weren't done living yet.
God bless them all....

2 comments:

  1. That's such a terrible story. Its amazing how true the saying is, we wake up never knowing what the day will bring. I prayers go out tp their families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know of at least one big prayer that went out for them. And encompassed the whole neighborhood. I imagine all of them were horrified.
    God bless them all.

    ReplyDelete